Step behind the canvas...
We are brought together by our appreciation for the artistic and cultural contributions of African Americans.
The Friends of African American Art & Culture (FAAAC) is a CMA membership affiliate group inclusive of all genders, ethnicities, and ages.
No matter the medium, African-American art evokes a vibrant culture, an indomitable spirit and a strong sense of place. As an affiliate group of the Columbia Museum of Art, Friends of African American Art & Culture offers museum members a chance to step behind the canvas and discover what compels these artists to create the work they do.
FAAAC membership privileges:
- Access to private gatherings at the homes and/or studios of world-renowned creators of African-American art
- Opportunities to speak with artists about the stories behind their work and their creation process within their selected medium
- Access to local and regional tours and events
- Connection to a diverse group of African-American art enthusiasts
- Advance notice on special events through our monthly newsletter
Become a Member
$ 5 for Students
$15 for Avant Garde and Solo
$25 for other membership levels
You'll have a chance to add the Friends of African American Art and Culture to your membership during checkout.
FAAAC Members Stay Connected
02 / May
FAAAC presents Back to Our Roots: Celebrating African American Food CultureJoin the Friends of African American Art & Culture to explore food culture across the African Diaspora and the benefits of plant-based eating in a unique twist on our annual meeting. The evening kicks off with a brief year-in-review followed by a