Become a CMA Member
Our Solo and Duo memberships are a great way to experience the CMA. Our Solo membership covers one adult and all children (under 18) while our Duo membership covers two adults and all children in the household.
We support educators by offering a great membership discount. Get a full year of free admission for just $15 for a Solo membership (saving $40) or $30 for a Duo membership (saving $50).
Discounted Solo Membership
Use the coupon code soloedu at checkout.
Discounted Duo Membership
Use the coupon code duoedu at checkout.
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes, and lectures
- Free admission to over 150 museums across the Southeast
- Invitations to members-only events, including Exhibition Opening Parties
- 10% discount on CMA and exhibition merchandise
- 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- All levels except for Student and Avant-Garde include free admission for children 18 and under, for no additional cost
In addition to a steep membership discount, all current teachers can enjoy:
Save 10% on CMA and exhibition merchandise with your SC educator ID.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Enjoy free admission April 30 – May 1 in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.
Simply show your educator ID at the Welcome Desk.
2023 – 2024 School Year
The CMA has many offerings for educators both for working with students and for continuing education efforts. Explore them through the links above, or download this brochure to see it all in one place.
20 / November
Artful Design: Art and Design Workshop for EducatorsThis one-day workshop for educators explores the basics of design thinking with both theoretical and practical applications. Led by guest instructor Alana Vest, participants complete design challenges and learn how to write and implement similar projects in the classroom. Vest has served as a master teacher for a Design Lab Teacher Institute as well as the Creativity Coaches Institute, part of the
MacArthur Goodwin Award
Know an art teacher who deserves recognition?
The MacArthur Goodwin Award honors individuals who foster progress in visual arts education through the utilization of community arts resources, such as museums and arts centers within South Carolina.
Send nominations to Glenna Barlow at email@example.com.
Nominations should include:
- A one- or two-page, typewritten narrative that summarizes the accomplishments of the nominee as they relate to a current program or project
- Three letters of recommendation, including one letter written by a constituent, such as a parent, guardian, or program participant
- A summary vitae/resume for the nominee (limit: 3 pages)