We offer a variety of services to ensure the accessibility of the museum and its collection.
- All CMA entrances and interior public spaces are barrier-free and wheelchair accessible.
- The museum offers multimedia guides (TAP tours) for use with exhibitions free of charge. If you would like to borrow a device and headphones to use this application please see the visitor services desk for assistance.
- There are two handicap parking spaces located adjacent to the museum on Main Street.
- Lightweight, portable stools are available for use during any visit to the gallery.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our visitor services desk to check-out a wheelchair. If you need assistance while using a wheelchair, please bring a caregiver to help you.
- Power assist entrance doors are located in Boyd Plaza facing Hampton Street.
- Motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- Accessible restrooms and drinking fountains can be found in multiple locations.
- Service animals are welcome.
Preparing for Your Visit
Visitors with autism and other conditions may be hyper sensitive to sensory input, and visiting an art museum can seem like a daunting task in itself, which is why we’ve created the CMA social story – a practical tool for caregivers, teachers, and children to read before visiting to familiarize themselves with what a trip to the museum may entail. Click here to download the CMA social story.
On Street Parking
Metered parking is available on all of the surrounding streets, and is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Parking meters accept coins, parking tokens, and Smart Cards. Parking tokens and Smart Cards are available for purchase at the visitor services desk.
There are two handicap parking spaces located adjacent to the museum on Main Street.
CMA Garage (City Center Garage)
Located at 1227 Taylor Street, this garage features a beautified pedestrian path to Main Street. Parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays. For information on other area parking, including garages, visit the City of Columbia’s parking website here.
For more information on CMA's accessibility please call 803-799-2810