The CMA offers a variety of services to ensure the accessibility of the museum and its collection.
- All CMA entrances and interior public spaces are barrier-free and wheelchair accessible.
- The museum offers multimedia guides (TAP tours) free of charge. If you would like to borrow a device and/or headphones to use this feature please see the visitor services desk for assistance.
- There are two handicap parking spaces located adjacent to the museum on Main Street.
- Lightweight, portable stools are available for use during any visit to the gallery.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our visitor services desk to check out a wheelchair. If you need assistance while using a wheelchair, please bring a caregiver to help you.
- Power assist entrance doors are located in the Boyd Plaza entrance facing Hampton Street and in the Main Street entrance.
- Motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- Accessible restrooms and drinking fountains can be found in multiple locations.
- Service animals, as defined by the ADA, are welcome. Animals who do not meet that definition, including emotional support animals, may not be brought to the CMA or its events. See our full policy under Visitor Guidelines.
On Street Parking
Metered parking is available on all of the surrounding streets, and is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Parking meters accept coins, parking tokens, and Smart Cards. Parking tokens and Smart Cards are available for purchase at the visitor services desk.
There are two handicap parking spaces located adjacent to the museum on Main Street.
PJ Cannon Garage
Located at 1227 Taylor Street, this garage features a beautified pedestrian path to Main Street. Parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays. For information on other area parking, including garages, visit the City of Columbia’s parking website here.
Visitors with Sensory Sensitivity
Visitors who may be hypersensitive to sensory input, please be aware that we are currently undergoing renovations. Noise and activity levels change frequently. But we're here to help! Call our visitor services at 803-799-2810 for assistance or to learn more about visiting the CMA during renovations.
For more information on CMA's accessibility please call 803-799-2810.