Art Activity: No-Sew Sock Animal
- Two cups rice (or other dry good)
- One sock
- Rubber bands (three for a bunny, more for other animals)
- Permanent marker
- Pour the rice into the sock.
- Tie a rubber band around the sock to secure the rice, making sure to leave out the excess fabric.
- Shape the rice to form an animal. For a bunny, form two ball shapes with the top ball being slightly smaller than the bottom. Secure each with a rubber band. Shift rice in the bottom ball to make a small bunny tail. Secure with a rubber band.
- Cut the excess fabric (the part of the sock without rice) down to around 2 inches in length or a little longer if you want your bunny to have floppy ears. Then, cut down the center to create two pieces.
- Draw on the bunny’s eyes and mouth or use other decorative materials.
- Tie a ribbon between the head and body for extra pizzazz.
What other animals can you create?