Taking inspiration from the streets and corners of our communities, Hindsight 20/20 features five photographers of the Carolinas who set out not only to document the extraordinary events of 2020, but also to capture these moments through the eye of an artist.
CMA Writer-In-Residence Ray McManus invited six South Carolina poets to write original works in response to the art in this fall 2021 exhibition.
- Al Black responds to photographs by Sean Rayford.
- Sunshine Dempsey responds to photographs by Thomas Hammond
- Len Lawson responds to photographs by Crush Rush
- Loli Molina Muñoz and Jesus Redondo Menendez respond to photographs by Héctor Vaca Cruz
- Michele Reese responds to photographs by Catherine Hunsinger
Scroll down to hear the writers read their poems.
Paid Protestors by Sean Rayford
See more on Rayford's Website
Poems by Sunshine Dempsey
Million Man March by Thomas Hammond
See more on Hammond's Website
Poems by Len Lawson
See more on Lawson's Website
Catch 22 by Crush Rush
See more on Rush's Website
Poems by Loli Molina Muñoz and Jesus Redondo Menendez
Mother and Son by Héctor Vaca Cruz
See more on Vaca Cruz's Website
Poems by Michele Reese
Untitled by Catherine Hunsinger