Arts & Draughts is back
Beloved museum party returns to the Columbia Museum of Art
Columbia, S.C. – The Columbia Museum of Art announces the epic return of Arts & Draughts, Columbia’s most creative party, on Friday, April 22, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. A great opportunity to have fun with friends and community creatives, this Arts & Draughts — the first in-person one since 2019 — is held on Earth Day and features a fantastic lineup of live music, performances, food, libations, art activities, and art experiences from the booming Columbia cultural scene and beyond.
Pylon Reenactment Society are the evening’s headliners. More than a tribute band, Pylon Reenactment Society have written new songs with Pylon as their guiding star. Delighting old Pylon fans while making new ones, PRS features original Pylon vocalist Vanessa Briscoe Hay, guitarist Jason NeSmith, bassist Kay Stanton, and drummer Gregory Sanders.
“The return of Arts & Draughts has been a long time coming, and we can't wait to celebrate,” says CMA Manager of Engagement Wilson Bame. “We've got an amazingly fun lineup for this next one — we finally get our party back!”
Revelers are encouraged to:
- Enjoy live music from Pylon Reenactment Society, Cry Baby, Flippants, and DJ Kingpin, Villain of Vinyl
- Stroll the open galleries, from the CMA Collection to exhibitions 22 South Carolinians, Anila Quayyum Agha: Let A Million Flowers Bloom, and Rodin: Contemplation and Dreams / Selections from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Collections
- Check out a live shadow puppet performance from Lyon Hill inspired by art in the galleries
- Take a Unique Perspective Tour with the hosts of The Hilltop Glove Podcast
- Enjoy live screen printing with Screened Out Printers of the official Arts & Draughts T-shirt. Shirts available for purchase
- Strike a pose at the selfie station with styling station from The Beautiful Neighborhood
- Make paper shadow sculptures inspired by the art of Anila Quayyum Agha
- Go on a scavenger hunt in the galleries
- Celebrate Earth Day! Take a photo immersed in the art-inspired sculpture garden installed by B.B. Barns at Woodley's, drop by the Richland Library table for an Earth Day activity, and win prizes from Congaree Riverkeeper by competing in their fun Earth Day activities
- Nosh on food available for purchase from VG Food, Lil House of Pizza, and Rambo’s Fat Cat Biscuits
- Sip on brews from Columbia Craft Brewing Company in The Whig’s beer garden
$10 / $5 for members. Become a CMA member at the door and get free admission, or volunteer for a short shift and enjoy the rest of the night for free.
Sponsored by Ambient Media, Free Times, Sound Bites Eatery, The Whig, and WXRY-FM.