Virtual Family Fun Night with Columbia Children’s Theatre
Friday, September 11 | 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. | Facebook
Join the CMA and Columbia Children’s Theatre for the final Virtual Family Fun Night of the summer! Log in to Facebook at 6:30 to watch this special premiere of Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Rock Experience, based on the hit children's book by Mo Willems and inspired by fashionable items in the CMA collection. And don’t forget Art Time with a CMA staffer! Free.
Art Activity: No-Sew Sock Animal
Two cups rice (or other dry good)
Rubber bands (three for a bunny, more for other animals)
- Pour the rice into the sock.
- Tie a rubber band around the sock to secure the rice, making sure to leave out the excess fabric.
- Shape the rice to form an animal. For a bunny, form two ball shapes with the top ball being slightly smaller than the bottom. Secure each with a rubber band. Shift rice in the bottom ball to make a small bunny tail. Secure with a rubber band.
- Cut the excess fabric (the part of the sock without rice) down to around 2 inches in length or a little longer if you want your bunny to have floppy ears. Then, cut down the center to create two pieces.
- Draw on the bunny’s eyes and mouth or use other decorative materials.
- Tie a ribbon between the head and body for extra pizzazz.
What other animals can you create?