FAAAC presents In Celebration of Dreamers
January 21, 2019
10:00 am-3:00 pm
In this unique MLK Day celebration, the Friends of African American Art & Culture (FAAAC) hosts a day of renewal to celebrate those who are keeping Dr. King’s dream alive — the doers, the change makers, the everyday people working to make our world a better place. Recharge by immersing yourself in art, culture, and community.
This lively day of self-care features:
- Black highlights tours of the collection
- Artist-led workshops from Michael Dantzler (smartphone photography), Tammaka Staley (spoken word), and Richland Library's Caroline Bradley (culinary art)
- Music from DJ Preach Jacobs
- Performance from Act-So Columbia
- Drop-in film screening from Nickelodeon Theatre and Moving Image Research Collections
- Self-care stations from Gentri Juice SC and community partners
- Food available for purchase from Entrees by Andre
- Smartphone photo booth
- Craft projects
- Community vision board
Galleries open 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Free admission presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina.
Sign up to volunteer.