A Conversation with Kwame S. Brathwaite, Tanisha Ford, and Larry Ossei-Mensah
Sunday, June 28
In celebration of Black Is Beautiful: The Photography of Kwame Brathwaite, enjoy a virtual conversation with Kwame S. Brathwaite, Tanisha Ford, and Larry Ossei-Mensah. Watch from the comfort of your own home on Facebook Live.
- Dr. Catherine Walworth, CMA curator
- Dr. Nancy Tolson, CMA docent and commissioner, and assistant director of African American Studies at UofSC
- Kwame S. Brathwaite — son of photographer Kwame Brathwaite and Director of the Kwame Brathwaite Archive
- Dr. Tanisha Ford — writer, cultural critic, and community historian; author of the Black Is Beautiful catalogue
- Larry Ossei-Mensah — former Susanne Feld Hilberry Senior Curator at Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD), co-founder of ARTNOIR
Image above: Kwame Brathwaite, Marcus Garvey Day Parade, Harlem, ca. 1967; from Kwame Brathwaite: Black Is Beautiful (Aperture, 2019) © Kwame Brathwaite. Courtesy the artist and Philip Martin Gallery, Los Angeles.