Consider including the Columbia Museum of Art in your bequest, gift annuity, or other estate plans. By doing so, you'll become a member of our legacy society, a special class of donors who have planned gifts to the CMA. Your gift will make a lasting impact, creating high-quality art experiences for future generations to enjoy.
- Your estate will qualify for a tax deduction when it fulfills your bequest.
- You will keep control over your bequest assets should you need them during your lifetime.
- You will retain the flexibility to modify your gift anytime, should your circumstances or desires change.
- You will become a member of our Legacy Society and add to our endowment in perpetuity.
- You will make a gift to the CMA that may be larger than any gift you could make during your lifetime.
- You can determine how the funds will be used upon realization of the gift.
- If you are 65 or over at the time you notify CMA of your intentions in writing, and provide an estimate as to the value of the gift, your gift will be recognized for years to come.
What to Give
- Gifts of Stock and Bonds
- Retirement Assets (IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax deferred plan)
- Life Insurance Policies
- IRA Charitable Rollover
Ways to Give
- Bequest - You designate our organization as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - You transfer your cash to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust - You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust or annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- Charitable Lead Trust - You fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
Ways You Can Define the Amount of Your Bequest
- A gift of a particular amount of money (e.g., $250,000).
- A gift of a specific item or items (e.g., 1,000 shares of ABC Corporation).
- A gift that will be made from the remainder of your estate once all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid (e.g., you give 25% of the rest, residue, and remainder of your estate). Often called a "residuary bequest," this approach assures that your family will be taken care of before your estate makes a bequest to the CMA.
To name the museum as a beneficiary, please designate your gift as follows:
Legal Name: Columbia Museum of Art
Federal Tax ID # 57-6007869
Notifying the Museum of your intended gift will allow the Columbia Museum of Art to honor your wishes and help you ensure that your gift makes the biggest impact it possibly can. Kindly notify the museum of your intentions by completing the Declaration of Intent form and notifying:
Angi Fuller Wildt
Columbia Museum of Art
P.O. Box 2068
Columbia, SC 29202
- Legacy Society Members
Dr. John Adams, in memoriam
Mr. and Mrs. John W. Bachmann
Mr. and Mrs. Luther J. Battiste, III
Mrs. Mary Rainey Belser
Mr. and Mrs. Joseph E. Berry, Jr.
Mr. Edward H. Betsill, in memoriam
Mrs. Ethel S. Brody, in memoriam
Ms. Karen Brosius and Mr. Willson Powell
Mrs. L. Arlen Cotter
Mr. and Mrs. Gerald L. Davis
Mr. and Mrs. Sam Elkins
Mr. and Mrs. Wilson W. Farrell
Mr. Robert W. Foster, Sr., in memoriam
Mrs. Nancy Gibbes
Dr. and Mrs. Benjamin M. Gimarc
The Honorable and Mrs. James S. Guignard
Mr. and Mrs. Robert R. Henry, Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. C. Carroll Heyward
Mrs. Mary Katherine Hirsch
Ms. Dorothy Johnston, in memoriam
Dr. Elizabeth Joiner and Dr. Buford Norman
Mr. and Mrs. Robert H. Kennedy, Jr.
Dr. Jessica Kross
Mr. Raymond T. Lange, in memoriam
Mr. and Mrs. Dibble Manning
Mrs. Ann S. McAden, in memoriam
Mr. and Mrs. Duncan S. McIntosh
Ms. Ada H. McIver
Dr. and Mrs. Allen A. Montgomery
Ms. Virginia E. Newell
Mr. and Mrs. Edward M. Ringley
Mrs. Susan Gibbes Robinson, in memoriam
Dr. and Mrs. Ronald C. Rogers
Mr. Michael J. Roh
Mr. William C. Schmidt, Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. Cary K. Smith
Ms. Leona Sobel, in memoriam
Dr. and Mrs. John C. Stuart
Mr. W. Christian Thee
Dr. Suzanne R. Thorpe and Dr. John W. Baynes
Dr. Robert Triplett, in memoriam
Dr. Robert Y. Turner
Mr. and Mrs. George R. P. Walker, Jr.
Ms. Lalage Oates Warrington
Brenda and Rick Wheeler
Ms. M. Patricia Callahan and Mr. Robert C. Wislinski
To effectively tell the story of world cultures through art we need—yes—more art! Gifts to the CMA’s collection endure, educate, and entertain future generations and give us a culturally well-rounded community. If you have something you would like to be considered, please contact Noelle Rice at 803-343-2156 or email@example.com to make an appointment.