The Columbia Museum of Art strives to be an inclusive, encouraging, and community-centered institution. Through engaging partnerships, we are able to reflect our diverse communities and use the strength of our shared goals to bring people together and celebrate creativity.
CMA Mission Statement
The Columbia Museum of Art sparks powerful connections through art from around the corner and around the world in an environment that is welcoming to all.
The CMA’s Core Values
- We promise to be inspiring. We are a place for you to learn about each other and yourselves through the art of the world. We provide a variety of experiences designed to move you to connect, contemplate, and create.
- We promise to be welcoming. We strive to be warm, inviting, inclusive, and accessible. You belong here, and we promise to treat you that way.
- We promise to be community-centered. We are rooted in and reflective of our own diverse communities. We see ourselves as champions of a thriving Midlands.
- We promise to be playful. We believe that art is an adventure, and we approach everything we do with a sense of open-minded exploration.
- We promise to be vibrant. We provide dynamic experiences that engage the mind, enrich the spirit, and fuel artistic energy. Your art museum is bright in spaces, ideas, and possibilities.
Criteria for Partnership
Each community program must meet at least three of the following criteria.
- Activating the CMA collection
- Starting a conversation
- Connecting to a CMA exhibition
- Engaging a multi-generational audience
- Welcoming under-represented audiences
- Providing an early childhood educational opportunity
- Offering fun activities for families
- Providing educational enrichment for youth
- Incorporating opportunities for hands-on engagement
- Providing a benefit for museum members
- Offering a professional development opportunity
Please note that for-profit organizations and individuals seeking to sell goods or services will not qualify as a community partner and should instead fill out a vendor application.