Creativity is central to everyday life, and art is central to creativity.
Art drives imagination, innovation and understanding of a bigger world.
The Columbia Museum of Art is the hub that inspires and connects people to their creativity by:
- Inviting families to look and learn—using educational activities to explore the world of art and talk about what it means to them
- Involving students in hands-on art programs that reach across core subjects in order to develop creative thinking skills, critical for success in the 21st century
- Connecting educators with the museum's collection and exhibitions that support South Carolina education standards
- Offering adults life-long learning opportunities for pleasure and personal growth
- Taking community art education programs into the city, county and state to provide greater access and exposure to art
- Collaborating with artists to offer learning and teaching experiences
Arts education is at the core of our mission. We welcome you to use art to spark your imagination and add to your enjoyment in life.
The Columbia Museum of Art's educational programs enrich the lives of thousands of students and educators each year with a wealth of opportunities. Programs for families and children make learning about art fun, and adults can choose from lectures, art classes and workshops that foster their creative spirit and desire for life long learning.
Many of the Museum's classes, lectures and teacher programs qualify for recertification units through the South Carolina State Department of Education.