Friends of African American Art & Culture is a CMA membership affiliate group inclusive of all genders, ethnicities, and ages. We are brought together by our appreciation for the artistic and cultural contributions of African Americans.
No matter the medium, African American art evokes a vibrant culture, an indomitable spirit and a strong sense of place. As an affiliate group of the Columbia Museum of Art, Friends of African American Art and Culture offers museum members a chance to step behind the canvas and discover what compels these artists to create the work they do.
FAAAC membership privileges:
- Access to private gatherings at the homes and/or studios of world-renowned creators of African-American art
- Opportunities to speak with artists about the stories behind their work and their creation process within their selected medium
- Access to local and regional tours and events
- Connection to a diverse culture of African-American art enthusiasts
- Advance notice on special events through our monthly newsletter