July 28, 20149 a.m. - NoonExplore the Pop and Optical Art genres through a variety of materials and techniques.
Wild Wild West
July 28, 20149 a.m. - NoonHead 'em up, move 'em out! Blaze trails through the Museum while experiencing the thrills of the Wild West and create pieces based on the western frontier.
July 28, 20141 p.m. - 4 p.m.A crime occurred at the CMA! Use your skills of deduction and your love of art to help solve this mystery. Follow the clues each day to solve the case and learn techniques while recreating a "missing" artwork.
Arts & Draughts
August 1, 20147:00 - 11:00 p.m.Art, drink, and be happy! Enjoy beer tastings from the Whig, musical performances, D.I.Y Art projects, interactive art, scavenger hunts, unique perspective tours through the exhibitions Animal Instinct and Cheer for the Home Team!, and more.
Sponsored by The Whig, WXRY and Free Times.
Fins, Feathers, and Fur
August 4, 20149 a.m. - NoonDraw, paint, and print all of the amazing creatures on exhibit at the CMA!
The ABCs of Art
August 4, 20149 a.m. - NoonScissors? Check! Markers? Check! Paintbrush? Check! Learn the basics of what it takes to create great art. Focus on shapes, colors, and other elements of art to prepare for the school year ahead.
Project FUNway Re-mix
August 4, 20141 p.m. - 4 p.m.Design and create fashion accessories with a variety of simple and fun techniques. The final day of camp features a fashion show!
Gladys' Gang: Alphabet Animals
August 6, 201410:00 - 11:00 a.m.Get inspired by picture book author Anita Lobel's exhibition, All the World's a Stage. Then back to the studios to create part of your own picture book. Participants (ages 2-5) and their adult companions explore art through the introduction of elementary art terms such as color, line, shape ae, shape and texture during the Gladys' Gang series. This program includes story time and a creative studio activity.
Champagne Reception with Shelley Reed
August 10, 20145:30 - 7:30 p.m.Experience a rare opportunity to tour an exhibition with the artist who created the work. Boston-based artist Shelley Reed gives a tour through the galleries to discuss the inspiration and the process behind the pieces in Animal Instinct: Paintings by Shelley Reed.
Reed's fascination with works by the Old Masters has led her to bring a modern take to those allegorical pieces, and to create large-scale paintings full of intricate details and rendered completely in black and white. Hear from the artist herself what drives this compelling process. Cap off the tour with a champagne toast, then join us for a reception with hors d'oeuvres and a beer and wine cash bar to share more of your thoughts with Reed and your fellow museum-goers.
August 11, 20149 a.m. - NoonJoin us for an exploration of ancient myths and legends. Explore artwork inspired by the stories of Greece, Rome, and Egypt and complete mythology-based projects of your own.
August 11, 20149 a.m. - NoonBig canvases that isinspired by the exhibition, Animal Instinct: Paintings by Shelley Reed. Learn how to build, stretch, and prepare your own canvas. Then, go big with some paintings to match!
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- Member Appreciation Days – several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)