Gladysí Gang: Picture Perfect
November 5, 201410:00 - 11:00 a.m.Explore the CMA¬ís temporary exhibition, Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera and then re-create one of your favorite memories. Participants (ages 2-5) and their adult companions explore art through the introduction of elementary art terms such as color, line, shape and texture during the Gladys¬í Gang series. This program includes story time and a creative studio activity.
CMA Educator Workshop: Rockwell: Itís a Process
November 8, 201410:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.Designed for small groups, in-depth educator workshops use the Museum¬ís collection and exhibitions to introduce new ways of thinking about the curriculum and to show innovative teaching approaches. Each educator receives an illustrated resource packet and a certificate of participation. Learn the process of one of America¬ís most beloved artists with a discussion on the historical impact of Rockwell¬ís work, with particular attention paid to his works that highlight the civil rights movement. Then, learn to incorporate images as text when you create a piece using photography, illustration, and painting. $30 includes lunch.
Baker & Baker Presents Art of Music: Tabla Master Rahul Pophali
November 9, 20145:30 p.m.Rahul Pophali is one of the most versatile tabla players in today's younger generation. A dazzling performer and an incessant innovator, Rahul has carved a niche for himself in the world of percussion music. Rahul hit the concert stage at an early age and since then, has accompanied many musicians of various styles. He has toured extensively in several countries in Europe and Asia. Passionate about spreading his art form, Rahul has conducted workshops and lecture/demonstration sessions for several institutions and music schools in India and Europe.
CMA Jazz on Main
November 14, 2014Doors open at 7:00 p.m. Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.From the 1920s through the 1950s, composers with names such as George Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, Cole Porter, Harold Arlen, and Richard Rodgers made some of the most enduring melodies of the last 150 years. Their body of work has become known as the ¬ďGreat American Songbook.¬Ē It was the music that gave hope to a nation in the grips of the Great Depression and provided a soundtrack for when the GIs left for war and came home in peace. A country was defended, families were raised, and a nation was built to these songs.
Presented in conjunction with Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera, an exhibition highlighting the creative process of the beloved American illustrator Norman Rockwell, "Celebrating the Great American Songbook" features the Noel Freidline Quintet with vocalist Renee Ebalaroza, back by popular demand. Repertoire for the evening includes compositions by the great American songwriters as well as by vocalists such as Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torme, and Bing Crosby.
Presented by Family Medicine Centers of South Carolina.
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- Member Appreciation Days ‚Äď several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)