This beautiful and fascinating exhibition tells the story of the astonishing innovation that can result from a clash between the old and the new. See the vast contradictions of this epic era as geisha become flappers and ancient origami cranes turn into sleek, gold statuettes. Japan and the Jazz Age features a dynamic range of compelling objects created in the Art Deco style including kimonos, furniture, sculpture and evocative ephemera such as sheet music, posters, postcards, prints, and photography that guide visitors through this rich period in world history and visual culture.
Presenting Sponsors:Nephron Pharmaceuticals
Education Sponsor:Colonial Life
- Fuji Photo Film, Inc.
- Nelson Mullins Riley and Scarborough LLP
- Benjamin and Jerry Dell Gimarc
- Robin and John Mark Dean
- Smith Family Foundation
- Japan Foundation, New York
Support through Japan America Association of South Carolina is made possible by these companies:
- ABPS (Alliance for Business Professional Services)
- AFL (America Fujikura Ltd)
- AFCO (Associated Fuel Pump Systems Corporation)
- Advoco, Inc.
- Duff, White & Turner Law Firm
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
- Fukoku America,Inc
- Hitachi Electronic Devices(USA) Inc
- Izumi International Inc
- JTEKT Automotive South Carolina Inc
- NICCA USA,Inc
- Suminoe Textile America, Inc.
- Suncall America Inc
- SunWa Technos America, Inc
We greatly appreciate ongoing support from: